1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mighty mite?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RUDEONTOUR, Mar 11, 2008.

1. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    Saw some of these on ebay real cheap. i am in the process of getting some old junkers back together for 2 friends of mine, are they at least somewhat decent?

2. Bocete

Bocete My E string is 36 1/4" long

Sep 30, 2006
    I got them on my second bass, jazz pickups. The sound was fine, but the buzz was annoying. The electronics wasn't shileded though, and they were not grounded, so, no surprise. I replaced them with EMGs later on, but they were just fine. I constider them a good bargain, personally.

I recall someone else mentioned them before, do a search.

3. Whatever you do,don't buy their Fender replacement necks!! They never get the sizes exactly right. I bought two different 4 +1 Fender necks to replace my Mexican necks. Even though they claim to fit exactly to specs, I've had to send them both back because they were both 1/4 inch to wide at the neck bass. Plus the fingerboard has that "washed out" wood color that doesn't even look good.
    I purchased these necks from an EBay Vendor (Ant Hill Music)
    I will say that their customer service is excellent but at the same time they give you refunds minus the s&H. It's kinda like you're paying them for sending you a bad product. :atoz:

4. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    Thats ****ed up. I recommend USA CUSTOM GUITARS, not cheap, but the quarter-sawn maple neck I got from the is easily the best neck I ever played, and they got the measurements(taken from my 80's squier neck that I shaved over the years) spot on.

Attached Files:

5. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    Forgot to tell you the price, paid around $300 2 years ago for the neck with no finish(how i like them) and shipping. had to add the tuners and nut myself, not cheap, but after disappointments with necks off ebay, i have no regrets, far from it!

6. I purchased a Mighty Might from a store here in Toronto and I'm very happy with the quality. I will buy another one for a project in the future. It fit perfectly into my 80's bass pocket...