1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mike Lull M4V Active/Passive Jazz Bass. 7.4 lbs!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GroovinOnFunk, Aug 16, 2016.

1. GroovinOnFunk

GroovinOnFunk

Apr 30, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Endorses Cleartone and SIT Strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is by far my favorite bass to play out of my collection. (I know, I know... You're thinking "if its so great, why are you selling it? Everyone on here seems to always be selling their "favorite" bass and I usually hate when people start that way. But read on... It's really true.) In part because it's 7.4 lbs, but it also just gets crazy low action and plays like a dream. I love it so much that I'm looking to get a 5-string version of this same bass built by Mike and the team over at Lull Guitars!

The bass is in 9 out of 10 condition and only has one ding on the upper horn of the body (it's really in fantastic condition for a 9 year old instrument). Other than that one blemish, I can't find any other nicks or dings or scratches anywhere on it.

The bass is from 2007 and was re-Plek'd (by Lull Guitars) in 2011 by the previous owner. The frets still have a ton of life left to them. It was clearly babied while he had it and continued to be babied when I bought it. Because of it being a 4-string, it was also never my main axe, so it saw minimal gigging/touring time.

Though this has been my favorite bass to play, I've been needing to use my 5-string on more and more gigs and the Hipshot Extender I added on this just isn't the same as having a 5th string. So I'm selling this to fund the M5V I'm going to order.

Truly the only trade offer I might consider is a cheap MiM Fender Jazz Bass (oly white with tort guard is a weakness of mine) + cash from you for my next Lull bass.

Mike Lull M4V
    Birdseye Maple Fretboard
    Maple Neck w/Graphite Reinforcement Rods
    Hipshot Extender on the E-String (I'm happy to re-install the original Hipshot ultralight tuner if you prefer)
    Hipshot Bridge
    White Pearloid Pickguard
    Mike Lull Custom Wound Lindy Fralin Pickups
    Bartolini 2-Band Preamp (push/pull Tone pot for active/passive operation)
    Deluxe Hard/Soft Case/Gig Bag (Lightweight and convenient but offers tons of protection)

... and did I mention it only weighs 7.4 lbs!?!?!?!?!

upload_2016-8-16_18-57-14.png
    upload_2016-8-16_18-57-27.png
    upload_2016-8-16_18-57-42.png
    (These pics are from before I installed the Hipshot Extender.)
    upload_2016-8-16_18-58-11.png
    upload_2016-8-16_18-58-25.png
    upload_2016-8-16_18-59-9.png
    (Here's a pic with the Hipshot Extender tuner)
    image.jpeg
    (The only blemish I could find on the bass)
    image.jpeg
    (Here's the invoice for the Plek job)
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    svtb15 and Laklandfan like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021