1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mike Lull M4V jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Archaeobass, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Putting my beloved Lull M4V on the block to make room in the 'Bass Closet' for some new arrivals. After playing it again this morning, I'm reluctant to post... but it's gotta go.

• Swamp Ash body; Maple neck & board (nice birds-eye)
    • Fralin Antiquity II pickups in the 60's position
    • 18 Volt Bart pre: Vol, Blend, Passive Tone (p/p active/passive), stacked Treble/Bass
    • Hipshot D-Tuner
    • Ebony ramp installed by Dave Segal of NY Bass Works; mounted with tape and removable to return to stock condition
    • Excellent condition from top to bottom
    • This bass was previously owned by Tb member Spencer!
    • Ships in a Mike Lull branded Protec hard bag
    • Located in San Jose, CA
    $1600 shipped, CONUS

Lull 1.jpg Lull 2.jpg Lull 3.jpg Lull 4.jpg Lull 5.jpg Lull 6.jpg

2. Checking in from the Department of Seller Will Regret This, Neener Neener Division. This bass has IT. Undoubtedly ash/maple, but the woods work perfectly. Ample booty, great mids, and just the right flavor of highs. The Bart pre gives it just a pinch of compressed sweetness to make this an incredibly versatile J bass. Passive or active/flat, you get a vintage tone that goes from warm & sweet to growly & mean based on your touch. Adding (or cutting) a bit of lows or highs gets you through any mix in any room. And the PTC is icing on the cake.

Plays like a million bucks, sounds like a coupla' million bucks. Seller is one of the sweetest cats you'll ever meet, and the price is stupid. How is this still here? Buy it already!

3. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Spencer's video clips of this bass are so amazing. Great sounding bass!

4. Str8outtaline

Str8outtaline Inactive

Feb 23, 2016
    I can't get any of the sound clips…Any links?

5. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    Afraid I don't have any clips to share, and anything I can do at home will not do it justice. Truly, it's just pure jazz bass tone.

I prefer the passive mode and use the onboard sparingly because it just sounds so good.

6. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    Weighed in tonight at 9.2 lbs, FYI.

7. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    She's on hold!

8. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    She's off to MA!

Str8outtaline likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021