No longer available Mike Lull M4V w/Sadowsky Pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by InnerBass, Sep 30, 2017.

1. InnerBass

InnerBass Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Thumpn' Happily
    Price:
    $1900
    Strings:
    For Sale Only -

An 8 lb ash/maple 2014 Trans Blue Mike Lull M4V with matching headstock and drop D Tuner.

The Birdseye board on this one is totally cool.

She has one minor surface body dent by the controls and a couple of pit marks on the back, but the poly is intact - the neck is pristine front and back.

I had Mike install an 18v Sadowsky preamp to go with the Lindys - she now goes boom!

She can be as subtle / passive as you need her to be, but when you want to be heard / active she'll cut through any and all guitar wash.

This bass is not for the timid.

I bought her from Chad Beeler at The Seattle Bass Shop a few years back and then had Mike install the Sadowsky preamp.

She plays, sounds and growls like a Mike Lull bass should - except on steroids.

IMHO, the Sadowsky preamp is far more transparent than the standard Bartolini preamp.

I'm selling her because I have fallen back in love with passive basses, and in my current projects I'm just not using preamps anymore.

I have an ash/maple bass with a pre that's not quite as nice, but it's all I need at the moment.

That will probably change in the future, but for now I can't justify holding on to her.

Price is $1900k shipped or $1800 for a Seattle area local sale.

Bass will be shipped in a Roadrunner case.

Photos have not been retouched or enhanced and were shot with a Canon Rebel EOS.

Thanks for looking - Thump On !

RBJ

IMG_0952.JPG IMG_0954.JPG IMG_0958.JPG IMG_0955.JPG IMG_0957.JPG IMG_1495.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    CaptainWally and Brandon Jones like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022