SOLD Mint Mesa/Boogie Subway WD-800 in Box with Candy + Cover

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by sludgetail, Jul 28, 2020.

1. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Price:
    Selling my *ACTUALLY* Mint Mesa Subway WD800 amp. She's mint as day-one, and I'm not a seller who lists as mint if it's got scratches, dust, hairballs, streaks, oil, etc on it. This has spent it's life in a pet free / smoke free studio, under a dust cover (included).

Edit Re: Transferable Warranty (thanks Graham) // edit again - checking with AgedHorse pls see thread below // edit again - no transferable warranty here folks, so if this is important to you, this isn’t the right amp!

Born-On Date is 2-27-19
    so to my knowledge it carried a Mesa 5-Year Transferrable Warranty, which they stopped doing March of 2019; however it’s been brought to my attention by another TB’er that the transferable warranty is possibly only good on items shipped prior to March of 2019(?) and while this head was made end of Feb, I don’t know when it shipped (does Mesa have to pull up UPS/FedEx bills to find this out?)... so I’ve emailed Mesa to clarify and also have reached out to Andy (creator of Amp, here on TB) below. As you can also see in the posts below, authorized service centers also are saying that amps “manufactured after March 1st” won't have a transferable warranty (see screenshot in post below). I think you should check with Andy (AgedHorse) or with Mesa if you have questions but for now, or sit tight till I hear back if it's important to you. However if ever issues did arise from an bulletproof amp, you wouldn’t have any challenges working with creator of the amp, Andy, here on TB. Thanks guys.

Please see photos, comes with all case candy, OEM Box, Hangtags, OEM Warranty Docs, Manual, 1/8>1/4" Adaptor for Headphones, Original Gig Bag (which holds its original shape), Plus a Custom Made (by my wife) Lightweight Dust Cover (which fits in the bag).

I keep my gear pristine and list very thoroughly. This has been mostly unused under its cover, as I am crazy about my D800+ and don't want this to sit around. Has not been toured/gigged or taken out of studio. Gig bag and soft cover area also pristine.

For those wondering, I am not switching to the TT-800 (had it & wasn’t for me) in case you are wondering, I am actually going in the other direction back to the D800+ which I absolutely love for what/how I play.

Price includes Shipping to Top 48 Continental USA Only.

NO TRADES PLEASE; I FEEL AS THOUGH I'VE PRICED THIS WELL FOR WHAT YOU GET, SHIPPED TO YOUR DOOR, AND IN THIS CONDITION, IF SHE DOESN'T SELL SHE'S COOL TO HANG OUT HERE IN THE STUDIO... So if you want a super minty one with all OEM accessories as-new, here she is...

Pls See My Reverb Feedback Below as a Preferred Seller, and dig deep into it to see the lengths I go to in order to ensure safe transit and fast shipping as well as great communication for other players who deserve that respect when buying online (and mind you these are just the ppl who took the time to leave feedback):

'52 Goldtop's Shop :: Player-to-Player Integrity Selling

Paypal Okay, Cash in Person will Save $45.00 USD - located in Orange County, CA.

Will ship in it's original OEM Shipping box as shown and packed with fiberglass tape to keep sealed and safe for transit.

Thanks and be safe out there TB Gang!

IMG_4287.jpg IMG_4288.jpg IMG_4289.JPG IMG_4290.JPG IMG_4291.jpg IMG_4292.JPG IMG_4293.jpg IMG_4294.jpg IMG_4295.JPG IMG_4296.JPG IMG_4297.JPG IMG_4298.jpg IMG_4299.jpg IMG_4300.jpg IMG_4302.JPG IMG_4303.JPG IMG_4305.JPG

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    R&B, dave64o, BassHouston and 3 others like this.
  2. SemiDriven

SemiDriven Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sweet!

Urge...resist...must.

Agree 110% regarding the D-800+

GLWTS!

sludgetail likes this.
  3. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Hehe thanks for the kind words brother, and yes - we all feed each other’s gear disease on here :) thanks for checking it out and yes wholeheartedly endorse the D800+, there is a love letter I wrote to the amp on here! Have a great week and stay safe my friend.

SemiDriven likes this.
  4. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    @agedhorse quick question, Authorized Mesa Repair shops like Preston Electronics and other sources say that amps built after March 2019 will not have a transferable warranty, which I was under the same impression. However I was contacted by Graham's Groove on here shortly after listing mine stating that if mine was transferable, it would have a “Transferrable” 5-Year Warranty on the hang tag. Is this true, as I don’t remember seeing the word “Transferrable” on my D800+ hang tags or my Subway 210, 115, or 215 (all purchased a long time back).

This amp was built 2/27/2019, this should make the transferable warranty cut-off? Thanks so much and sorry I am just too in love with my D800+ and want this to go to someone who will knock down some walls with it. Thank you and thank you for all your service & valuable insight on here and for he players, always.

edit: attached post from Preston Electronics, Mesa Service Center

A4F5D73C-3F5C-4732-A2F9-A428A6D2EDC1.png

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  5. bbh

bbh Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Super clean, just like my stuff. It’s like getting a brand new broken in head. Someone is gonna score nicely on this one. No luck needed.

sludgetail likes this.
  6. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    TX, N.Y. and FL.
    AB1FB39B-3393-4358-8483-8ED6235BEE6D.jpeg So this is the deal with the warranty..
    For the warranty to be transferable it must have shipped from Mesa to the dealer before March 1, 2019. I have spoken to Mesa about this... look at your warranty sheet and then look at the photo of my WD800.
    I hope this clears it up any questions you may have...

sludgetail likes this.
  7. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thanks @moreblues for clarifying and showing the difference in the actual paperwork. Because of the confusion and the posts from Mesa Authorized Service Centers claiming different (based on manufacture date vs ship date — see screenshot above), I spoke with Garey over at Mesa, he said this amp “left” the shop on 3/12/19 so there is no transferable warranty on this amp! Unfortunately Garey or nobody at Mesa addresses the incorrect info out there via Preston.

Hopefully this amp doesn’t die the day after the warranty expires, though this hasn’t been my experience buying, playing or using Mesa/Boogie products (D800+, WD-800, Subway 115, 210, and 215).

So if the transferable warranty is important to you, buy a new one or a used one that has a warranty instead of this unit! Thanks all!

eottjake and moreblues like this.
  8. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    thanks for the kind words brother, saw this first thing in the AM and liked it but forgot to respond once I got back in... for sure on keeping ‘em clean, glad I’m not alone there.

hope you have a great week and be safe out there my friend :)

bbh likes this.
  9. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Not in the market right now, but this is an awesome follow-up. Happy to see honest folks. Yay TalkBass!

sludgetail likes this.
  10. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thanks brother means a lot. For sure there’s so much weird information out there. Wish there was just a sticky on the subway owners club or something on the site where you could just drop in a serial, based on some of the posts, I really had no idea :) thanks for the kind words & take good care of yourself and be safe out there.

eottjake likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021