1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mixer/EQ Question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by PNS128, Oct 25, 2009.

1. PNS128

PNS128

Dec 28, 2007
    Rhode Island
  2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I don't see a "Mains Insert" at first glance but I could be missing something. Anywho, you can run a GEQ or PEQ betweenst the mixer's XLR output(s) and power amps.

Riis

3. PNS128

PNS128

Dec 28, 2007
    Rhode Island
    oh WOW. how could i have overlooked the fact that you can just run an XLR from the main output to the EQ insert, then output that to the active PA's. that is much simpler than i made it. thanks

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    yep, but you mean "input", not "insert". an insert is something very different in PA world.

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
  6. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    You can any decent quality graphic EQ from DBX, Rane, Sabine for under $300.00. Run it directly from the mixer main outs to the EQ and from EQ to the amps. It's pretty simple.

You can also get a DBX Drive Rack which has a 28 band graphic EQ, compressors and limiters, a feed back suppressor (which I have used with varying degrees of success) a pink noise generater and auto eq functions and parametric EQ fusction with Q filter settings and the such. It all fits into a single rack space. These can be picked up for around $500.00 new and around $250.00 used (older model).

The drive racks I have found to be quite uselfull and if youy are running all Crown amps and JBL speakers they already have presets in the menu for that gear.

7. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    +1 on all counts.

I'm struggling thru with a recently acquired DriveRack PA +. There's a learning curve but I'm coming along....not for the faint of heart! Its been recommended that if you do go the DRPA route, plug an EQ somewhere in line for "rescue" work re: feedback suppression.

Riis