1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mixing Bergantino Ceramic / Neo Driver Types and Sizes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WayneLiao, Apr 29, 2019.

1. WayneLiao

WayneLiao

Aug 3, 2009
    San Diego
    I've had a Bergantino HD112 and wanted to add another cabinet. After auditioning the REF112, REF210, HDN210 and HDN112, I ended up choosing the HDN210 to pair with my HD112. I was not expecting this to be the end result. I know the 112 with 210 combo has been popular; however I was wondering if folks are usually pairing the REF112 w/ REF210 and HDN112 w/ HDN210 or if others have found they like mixing ceramic 112's with neo 210's? I thought the cermanic 112 added the nice heft and the neo 210 didn't really lose much to the Ref210 (and maybe even sounded better). Together it seemed to have the best of both worlds.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I think there has been some discussion about mixing various Berg cabs ... ceramic and Neo, as well as ported & sealed.
    Jim B himself weighed in with some cab mixing examples he was aware of, but he also pretty much said ... "if it sounds good, it is good"

good luck

WayneLiao and Big String like this.
  3. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    626530BD-5A3F-4CA2-9C8D-A0DE769F97AF.jpeg

Berg HD112 on top of Berg AE212.

I chose the HD for the single 12 because I wanted the most stout small cab possible.

GREAT stack!

That band uses an SVT for the rehearsal backline. Yet, at the end of that gig, the BL was gushing over the tone I was getting.

Yes, you can certainly mix Jim’s cabs.

WayneLiao likes this.
  4. WayneLiao

WayneLiao

Aug 3, 2009
    San Diego
    I'm loving this Neo 210 with Ceramic 112 setup. Surprised or curious if more or why not more are not using this combo!?

5. All of my many Berg cabs play well together. Ported with non-ported, and Neo with Ceramic.

WayneLiao likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021