MM 5 Way Switching in Parallel Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Zefas97, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Zefas97

Zefas97

Dec 18, 2020
    Hello this probably has been answered here but I can't find anything, I have a cheap MM bass with 2 humbuckers from Harley Benton and I'm experimenting with the wiring to see if I can get a different tone because I find my tone way too midrangey. I found out the pickup wiring by factory is in series when using only the bridge or neck pups. I wanted to wire them all in parallel the info I can give from what I have is that the pickups have 4 leads plus one bare, the 5 way switch has 8 lugs or spots to solder to plus 2 on each side where the ground is I guess if it helps I can take a photo later. The images I attached are a schematic made by another user and a schematic which does what I want the difference being the switch has more poles to connect cables to
    Sorry for the long text and thanks for any help you can give!

Attached Files:

2. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    The EBMM Stingray HH wiring is pretty great. I did this as a mod on a friend’s Corvette $$ and it has five different and very usable tones. It’s pretty straightforward with a Oak Grigsby Super Switch | stewmac.com

upload_2021-2-25_7-23-48.jpeg

dwizum likes this.
  3. Zefas97

Zefas97

Dec 18, 2020
    I want to do that but can I do it with the switch I have? Due to restrictions on my country can't get a switch without spending way too much money for it, also I'm a total noob at audio electronic and don't know how to wire that in the switch that's why I made this post

4. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    I don’t think a normal switch will do that, sorry....

5. Zefas97

Zefas97

Dec 18, 2020
    No problem! Thanks anyways!

ctmullins likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022