1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modded my Envelope Filter Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BritPicker, Sep 14, 2010.

1. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    I wanted a pedal to make my bass sound a bit more synthy on occasion.

Not having much cash I bought a Behringer Synth Bass Pedal. Unfortunately, I could not get it to switch off, so I took it back to the store. On testing the others they had, they ALL were very hard to switch off with any reliability.

Oh well, quite liked the pedal but it's got to WORK no matter how cheap it is.

Anyway looked at what else they had and took home a "Vintage Bass" pedal, that turns out to be a EHX Bassballs clone.

Tried it out, it's OK but just one sound really (well 2 with the distortion). Looking about on the net says there are 2 trimmers inside the Bassballs that can be replaced with pots on the front. Open it up to see if the VB is the same.. yes it is, so I give the mod a go.

Wow! what a difference! I can get some seriously funky/synthy/talking tones now. Very awesome.

Here's a pic: Unfortunately the new knobs obscure the graphic, I might give it a respray job, think a nice orange would be cool.

Image0421-1.jpg

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nicely done. Sound clips?

3. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    Got a gig tonight - see my other threads.. might appear there.. otherwise will do soon!!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021