1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ModTone Aqua Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ryan Mohr, Sep 1, 2008.

1. frenchtoast

frenchtoast

May 6, 2008
    Singapore
    bump, id like to know too.

2. shinobi

shinobi

Nov 24, 2007
    Aichi, Japan
    i just did recently, albeit through a crappy store amp and bass. the store guy seemed puzzled that i wanted to try a "effect for guitar" on a bass. what does he know.

anyway, to me it reminded me of my old small clone. perhaps the depth and rate don't go as far as the small clone, but still it did pretty well on a bass. i really love the small clone, but for the lower price and inclusion of a depth knob, this wins easily.

but then again, my account could have been skewed by the rubbish amp and bass that i tried it on :/

3. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    The price makes me want to try it...

4. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY

So you're saying it doesn't get as deep as lets say a CE-5 with it's e.lvl and depth all the way up?

5. shinobi

shinobi

Nov 24, 2007
    Aichi, Japan
    ^^ sorry mate, i can't answer that one because sad to say that i've never tried the CE-5 :bag: it would probably have helped if i tried other effects on the same setup but i... didn't :bag:

my gut feeling is that if, say, the difference was largely due to the 'rig' that i tested it on (which is highly possible), i wouldn't be surprised if it really was a small clone clone. you never know what those chinese are capable of :bag: but then again, i know nuts about electronics so i wouldnt be able to confirm anyway

6. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Was the sound thick and lush, or pretty subtle?