1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus Flea 4 w/ Lane Poor

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chrisrm, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    Hi All,

I have a Modulus Flea 4 string in metallic green for sale. It has the Lane Poor pickup, Bartolini NTMB pre, Badass bridge. I had a b/w/b pickguard made up for it, and the original as well. It comes in the OHSC. Currently strung with D’Addario nickels. It is in very good condition, plays and sounds excellent. It has a bunch of dings, mostly on the side by the controls and jack, a couple on the back and headstock as well. None are through to the wood, though. The previous owner must have thought he was Flea! Let me know if you have any questions.

I’m asking $1500 plus shipping. Paypal preferred. Not really looking for trades but who knows?

Thanks,
    Chris

Flea.
    Flea2.
    FleaBack.
    Flea3.

2. I'm guessing this is one of the newer Fleas, but you/previous owner have replaced the pickup with a Lane Poor?

Nice bass BTW. The new pickguard really compliments the green finish.

3. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    just wondering but how could you tell its a newer flea with the pickups switched?

4. The shape of the headstock changed after a certain year, was it 2001?

5. Chrisrm

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    It's a 1999. It has the older style headstock. I have no reason to believe the previous owner changed the pickup though if he did, it was with a Modulus Lane Poor pickup.

6. This is a very attractive instrument!

7. Ok, that's cool. Didn't know they came with BAII installed until more recently. How do you feel about international shipping?

8. Chrisrm

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    I had the bridge installed. I would imagine it's always been an option if you requested it though it wasn't listed as an option. I specifically requested one on my GVJ several years ago and mine was the first I saw with a Badass from Modulus. Now they're relatively commonplace. I just figured I was the first to ask ;)

If you're willing to pay the costs and jump through the necessary hoops, I'm willing to ship to wherever.

I think I've responded to all the PMs as well. If not, I'm sure they'll let me know!

9. niFe

niFe

Feb 12, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    PM'd ya

10. Chrisrm

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    Answered. Thanks for the offer.

But, alas, still available.

11. Chrisrm

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    Sunday morning bump.

12. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    I grew up in East Haddam, CT... gotta give a fellow Nutmegger a BUMP! :smug:

I'm surprised this bass is still here.... IT's GOT A LANE POOR!

13. eversuns

eversuns bass nub :p

This still for sale?

14. Chrisrm

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    I think I'm holding on to it for right now.

15. Cyan2203

Cyan2203 Commercial User

Jul 10, 2016
    Spain
    Still for sale?