1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus flea body size question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Levin S, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    Hey TB land!! Can anyone tell me how big the modulus flea bass body is in comparison to a Stingray? I love the big body on my Rays and, being 6-3, even a Sterling looks small lol

Thanks guys!!

2. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    Anyone?

3. spitskin

spitskin

May 11, 2012
  4. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    I actually posted there asking the same question hahaha

I'm afraid the Flea will be too small for me :(

5. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    The Flea is definitely svelter, but it's still the size of a typical bass guitar.

6. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    okay! so more like a MM Sterling size?

7. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Ok I just roughly measured a Flea 5 which was about 13" across at its widest point and a Ray 4 which had more hip and longer curve to the bottom of the body was about 13.5" at its widest point.

So yes a Modulus flea is a bit smaller.
    A Sterling body kind of reminds me of somewhere in-between a J and P...As You know they are smaller as well then a Ray.

8. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    You are AWESOME!! A big e-high five to you man!!!

9. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    No worries Man...cheers