Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Genesis VJ GAS!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DanGouge, Sep 24, 2004.

1. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    OK so I decide to kill some time tonight in a local music store. I've sort of been eyeing the Musicman Bongos they had in there anyway, so I figure, hey I can play one of those for a bit. I get there, and there's a used Modulus Genesis VJ four string. Sunburst. Tortise shell p/g. I love this look (my Fender Jazz is sunburst/tort). I figure why not try it. It plays great, nice and fast. It sounds great. Bartolini pickups and a 2 band preamp, all very quiet.

My problem is that for sometime I've been promising myself that the next bass I get would be fiver. Lots of experience with fours, why not branch out? But this thing was sooo sweet, and it was in just about flawless condition, near-mint as far as I could tell. So while it's a great bass, it's very much in line with what I own now (some of which I'd sell to make room for it, if I bought it).

So to get to my point should I look to get this bass? Should I hold out for the right five to come along? Any thoughts on Modulus, specifically this model? Is $1500CDN ($1155USD) a good price for a used one in stellar condition?

2. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    If you don't get it, would you mind giving me the name and number of the store? Thank, marc

3. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL