1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modulus Genesis VJ4: warmth and stability?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by akori, Dec 6, 2011.

1. akori

akori

Oct 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Hi to all, and I know this topic has been touched a lot, but I'm looking for some Genesis VJ4 owners or previous owners who can tell me how theirs performs in the way of burpy, warm Jazz bass tones (without the sterility or pristine highs of modern axes). Again, I'm speaking of the Genesis line with the composite carbon fiber/ graphite/ tonewood necks, and the chechen boards.

ALso, of PRIME importance, any of you dial your VJ s (fretted and/ or fretless) in with VERY low string action, and still get a sound that can reject fret or fretboard buzz? Oh, and STABILITY! Any of you have these models with a low- low string action, but rarely if ever need to adjust them?

What I'm getting at here, is you know how some basses just accentuate string noise on the frets and board, while others almost make it disappear , leaving a great warm tone (like my Warwick FNA Jazzman, or a few long gone J basses I let go...).

I'm looking for feedback on these issues, good or bad.

Much appreciated. I search far & wide for basses with these qualities (that happen to be really light, too), and it's a hard grind. So many basses bought and sold, and a few built...HOPING that this line of Modulus may end my search.
    Thanks.