1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED Modulus Vintage Jazz VJ4 with Incredible Flame Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, Jan 12, 2019.

1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey everyone. This listing is for my Modulus Vintage Jazz. This one features the most incredible flame top I have ever seen. It is just outstanding. More A's than a valedictorian. It is wired passive right now, with two tone controls. A weird configuration, but they do yield different tones, so I opted to leave it that way. Plenty of room in the cavity for any preamp you might want to install. I put a pair of new old stock Basstec jazz pickups in it. Love the sound, they look cool, and are super rare.

This bass is in mint shape. It could easily pass for new. I have seen a lot of VJ's sell for less money, but in my opinion, this particular one is the best in class. It is the ultimate example of this model of Modulus. Additionally, most builders would upcharge a ton of money for a top like this. My guess is that it would cost about 5 large to have one like this built right now.

$2400, shipping included.

Cash Offers: If you are interested in this bass at a lower price than what I have it listed at, and you would actually buy it at your price, feel free to make me an offer via PM. I am not the type of guy that gets offended when someone wants to buy something I have for sale.

Just don't make an offer and then back out on it afterward. That is flaky, and musicians in general already have a bad reputation for flakiness. Don't perpetuate that reputation by actually being a flake. The entire world suffers when one acts that way.

Trade Offers: I always consider trade offers if you want to make one. I can go plus/minus cash as needed. If you have something in mind, please send me a PM with the details. Please don't ask me what I am looking for though. There are likely thousands of basses/amps/pedals/etc that I might trade for, and I am not going to make a list of those items.

Credit Cards/Financing: I usually list my items on Reverb as well as TB. I am set up to accept Reverb Payments, so if you want to pay with a credit card, or finance a purchase, these options are available through that site.

And now, the pics:

PB020092.JPG PB020091.JPG PB020093.JPG PB020094.JPG PB020095.JPG PB020096.JPG PB020097.JPG PB020098.JPG PB020099.JPG PB020100.JPG PB020101.JPG

2. wellso74

wellso74 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    weight?

3. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    It's available immediately.

wellso74 likes this.
  4. wellso74

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    do you mean momentarily?

5. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    No, I mean I don't respond to requests from TBSWAC members.

Raw N Low likes this.
  6. wellso74

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    you never mentioned this in your add.........

7. BaileyMan

BaileyMan Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    What's TBSWAC?

8. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    That would be the TalkBass Serial Weight Askers Club.

Raw N Low and Adam Wright like this.
  9. wellso74

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    I do buy basses from time to time- weight is a concern- no shame or harm asking. no need to get snooty

10. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Supporting Member

PM'd

11. manny rose

manny rose

Jan 26, 2018
    san diego
    does this one have a truss rod

12. duderus

duderus Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Nice bass. Did you sell this bass or keep it? Just curious nice piece

QUOTE="FilCo, post: 22192579, member: 126118"]Hey everyone. This listing is for my Modulus Vintage Jazz. This one features the most incredible flame top I have ever seen. It is just outstanding. More A's than a valedictorian. It is wired passive right now, with two tone controls. A weird configuration, but they do yield different tones, so I opted to leave it that way. Plenty of room in the cavity for any preamp you might want to install. I put a pair of new old stock Basstec jazz pickups in it. Love the sound, they look cool, and are super rare.

This bass is in mint shape. It could easily pass for new. I have seen a lot of VJ's sell for less money, but in my opinion, this particular one is the best in class. It is the ultimate example of this model of Modulus. Additionally, most builders would upcharge a ton of money for a top like this. My guess is that it would cost about 5 large to have one like this built right now.

$2400, shipping included.

Cash Offers: If you are interested in this bass at a lower price than what I have it listed at, and you would actually buy it at your price, feel free to make me an offer via PM. I am not the type of guy that gets offended when someone wants to buy something I have for sale.

Just don't make an offer and then back out on it afterward. That is flaky, and musicians in general already have a bad reputation for flakiness. Don't perpetuate that reputation by actually being a flake. The entire world suffers when one acts that way.

Trade Offers: I always consider trade offers if you want to make one. I can go plus/minus cash as needed. If you have something in mind, please send me a PM with the details. Please don't ask me what I am looking for though. There are likely thousands of basses/amps/pedals/etc that I might trade for, and I am not going to make a list of those items.

Credit Cards/Financing: I usually list my items on Reverb as well as TB. I am set up to accept Reverb Payments, so if you want to pay with a credit card, or finance a purchase, these options are available through that site.

And now, the pics:

PB020092.JPG PB020091.JPG PB020093.JPG PB020094.JPG PB020095.JPG PB020096.JPG PB020097.JPG PB020098.JPG PB020099.JPG PB020100.JPG PB020101.JPG [/QUOTE]