Monoprice Stage Right 15W Musicmaster Bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PennyroyalWe, Apr 24, 2019.

1. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    2E9DAADF-6742-4CAE-99E9-5DA886198349.jpeg Lately I’ve been on tangent of trying to increase the interchangeability of my guitar gear. I’ve had a Monoprice stage right 15w tube amp for a while now and haven’t cared for the sound of the Celestion 70/80 that came in it. All the while I’ve thought “sure wish I had a small, light, tube bass amp”, then I thought of the musicmaster bass amp. I owned one previously and so knew they were better guitar amps than bass amps, but the speaker could still hold up to a bass playing through it and sound OK. Looking online a MMB amps are going for about $500, too rich for my blood. I looked up the speakers and found one on Reverb for $30 shipped. It arrived today, I popped it in and away we went without a hitch! Sounds so much better, to me than the Celestion ever did. No more piercing glassy highs stabbing me in the ear, and my p bass sounds rippin through it. That ballsy drive that screams “I WANNA ROCK”. Had some fun tiffing on all the Sabbath, Rush, and Yes I know haha. For a total investment of $230, I’m pretty pleased with it all. image.jpg

AstroSonic and tindrum like this.
  2. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    I like it! I wonder what modern speaker one could use in that amp for some bass recording?

PennyroyalWe likes this.
  3. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    I would say whatever your favorite 12” 8-16ohm bass speaker would do just fine. I have personally used a $35 generic woofer from eBay in a Hartke combo and got several compliments on how that amp sounded after the mod. Just about anything that can handle the lows will work for bass.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021