Moog Taurus Pedals?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Winston TK, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    In this day and age, do any of you out there still make use of these? And, if so, what style of music do you play?

A progressive staple of the 1970's, I think these things could still be totally relevant today in a number of modern styles.
  2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Back in the 80s I used a set of Taurus IIs for several years. Growing up as a fan of Rush and Genesis, how could you not? I also love the thick rumbles that Adam Clayton generates on the Rattle and Hum DVD by U2. I have also been gearing up to start using pedals again, but have not found the right situation. I have been tracking E-Bay sales of the original Taurus Is and have been appalled by the prices that they go for. I found a great substitute, though. There is this guy on E-Bay called Dr. Freak who converts organ pedals into midi foot controlers. Mine have this really cool diamond-tread casing, and they are polyphonic! Two octaves of range. They also weigh a ton. For a controller I got an EMU Vintage Keys Plus. It has the classic Taurus tones.

3. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I would commit unholy deeds for a set of Taurus I's.

I have some samples and they do in a pinch, but man I wish I had the real thing. Especially since these samples aren't the greatest (can't remember where I got them from as it's been awhile, but they're from some guy who quickly sampled a friend's set and posted them somewhere on the web.) Oh well, time to start digging around for some pro samples.
  4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Oh wow i love the moog taurus. Ive looked for them but they are extremely expensive becuase they are more or less collectable now. I heard moog was gonna reiussue these bad boys but for more than they are even going for on ebay :mad:
  5. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
  6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'd love to have a set!! I do use a set of Korg pedals though...

Yeah, I know... not the same.. :(