No longer available MTD 635 Fretless - Alder/Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sithian, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Sithian

Sithian Operator! Give me the number for 9-1-1! Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    New Jersey
    Price:
    $4500
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Meet MTD #2574, an outstanding fretless built in late 2014 and in near MINT condition- I say near mint as the bass has been played and owned, but not a scratch or blemish on it. This bass is a work of art and sounds and plays ridiculously good- it is also very light at 8.5 pounds. I am the original owner, and the bass has been meticulously cared for. Lots of tonal options and all of the fretless nuances are achievable with the right touch with this instrument. Mike used titanium rods to balance the maple board, allowing for a very effective wood combination for great fretless tone.

The details:

Exhibition Grade Cerejeira Top - handpicked from the first (only?) Cerejeira lot
    Alder Body
    Maple Neck
    Birdseye Maple Board, Epoxied and Lined, (24 positions, I believe lines are ebony, with titanium rods)
    8.5 Pounds on the Bathroom Scale
    18mm String Spacing

The price is $4500 shipped to the lower 48. I would prefer an outright sale, but would consider trades for the right MTD 435 or 535 (+ cash, maple boards preferred).

Please ask questions via private message. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  2. Sithian

Sithian Operator! Give me the number for 9-1-1! Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    New Jersey
    A picture of the wicked top as the bass was being built-

image.jpeg

xnewyorka and TolerancEJ like this.
  3. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Owner, John Fox Bass Inactive Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Dealer for Adamovic, Alleva-Coppolo, Bergantino, Dingwall, Richter, Skjold
    What a gorgeous piece of wood, and a gorgeous bass overall! Brilliant idea to use maple for the neck and epoxy on the fb. Really makes it sing, with mwah to spare!

4. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Envious

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021