1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mtd XZ 5 string bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Martinisenberg, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Martinisenberg

Martinisenberg

Dec 14, 2010
    The MTD ZX 5-string bass comes loaded with custom Bartolini pickups and preamp, hand-installed in the U.S. It has a wide range of tones and fits perfectly in any genre of music.

The neck has an asymmetrical curve, thicker on the bass side and thinner on the treble side, offering more comfortable placement for your fretting hand. The controls on the MTD ZX bass guitar have volume, a pickup pan, and treble, mid, and bass EQs. The tone is incredibly full, with massive bottom end, and does not lose clarity or definition. The pickup position, string spacing, and low action make slapping a dream. Cut the treble and add some bass EQ to produce a classic warm blues thump, or center the knobs and crank the volume for crisp, metal tones.

Michael Tobias Design, located in Kinston, New York, knows what he's doing when it comes to designing a bass.In my opinion, one of the best living bass designers in the world. He also will take calls to discuss any issues you're having with the instrument.

This bass is as good as new. It's hardly been used, and well maintained. There's a modified position rest I added that can be removed and 1 extremely tiny dent on the bottom of the body.

To sweeten the deal I'll include a road runner hard case.

photos:
    $(KGrHqJ,!o!E-z40imwoBP3KQum8OQ~~60_3.
    $(KGrHqR,!iIE-qJup(psBP3KQ5))Wg~~60_3.
    $(KGrHqF,!qsE-ZQP0IpcBP3KREDO)g~~60_57.
    $(KGrHqN,!k0E-j-pF5!SBP3KROLU,g~~60_3.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Please post your price.

3. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL

Guessing the price is the Buy it Now price plus the $34 shipping. ;) :smug:

Think he's found a loophole in the eBay listing rule... Use it for picture purposes. Clever. :smug:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Supermod to the rescue...

5. Martinisenberg

Martinisenberg

Dec 14, 2010
    Yes you figured it out.

$1050 plus shipping.

6. Still available? How much does it weigh? Thanks.

7. Martinisenberg

Martinisenberg

Dec 14, 2010
    This bass has been sold