1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

much appreciated power supply help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GingerConor, Aug 5, 2008.

1. GingerConor

GingerConor

May 2, 2008
    Dublin
    sorry if there shud be some thread that wud clear up all this but im just really uncertain bout what power supplies i shud use for my pedalboard and i value them too much to put them at risk. so...

my current pedals are as follows:

EHX BMS
    Boss SYB-5(being sold)
    EHX Big muff
    Zvex Wooly Mammoth
    Ibanez AD9

at the moment i have a 4 socket power strip on my board,
    i am using a boss daisy chain to power the AD9, SYB-5 and the Wooly Mammoth and seperate power supplys for the BMS and big muff.

i have a Line 6 DL4 and a copilotfx android on the way so i cant really use seperate supplies for them, so can i use any things like 1 spots that will work better, id really appreciate it if u cud point me in the right direction...

thanks in advance,

Conor

2. What's wrong with your current rig? Boss supply and a daisy chain sounds fine to me. You could replace the boss supply with a 1 spot if you were keen, but ultimately there's virtually no difference.

The Android should work with the boss supply, not sure about the polarity of big muffs, someone else will chime in on that one.

As for pedals with unique voltage requirements (eg; the DL4 & EHX BMS) well there's just no easy way around just using the supply provided by the manufacturer.

3. GingerConor

GingerConor

May 2, 2008
    Dublin
    kk, thanks. yeah bout the DL4 off ebay so im not sure if it comes with a power supply, guh!

anyone else think they can help?

4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    A fuel tank jr may work for you if you are not planning on adding new pedals...

5. GingerConor

GingerConor

May 2, 2008
    Dublin
    cool, thanks, but sadly i cant aford 100 dollars. *sadface*

anyone else got any thing that will help?

6. No offence dude, but "help" with what, exactly? Are you having issues with your current rig? Are you not happy? You'll get a much better response if you can engage people's interests or personal experiences.

If you can't currently afford something like a Fuel Tank of a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power then there are very few options other than what you are already doing. So give us something to go on!

7. B.C.

B.C.

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    The problem with the DL-4 is that it is a 9V AC power requirement, so you will not be able to use one spots or things like that. So you need either the Power Supply or a power pedal(T-Rex Juice box for Ex.) that will do AC voltage as well.

Its frustrating to me, but I suppose Line 6 does this so you have to use their power supplies.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021