1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Multi-instrument wireless

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by rusackas, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Anyone know of a good wireless system that can handle more than one (better yet, several) transmitter packs? I'd love to have a transmitter on each of my basses so I can just pick up any given one and play, without worrying about cable management.

2. I could be wrong, but I think any wireless system will do this. Just get multiple transmitters, set them all (and the receiver) to the same frequency. Just can't send multiple instruments to the one receiver simultaneously.

3. justabass

justabass

Nov 7, 2006
    Nashville TN/Old Hickory TN
    Endorsing-Trace Elliot,Peavey Basses,PedalTrain,Starkey inears
    If you want to be able to just pick up a bass and go you'll need to search Dual wireless systems. They have 2 recievers in one chasis sometimes. You could have multible transmitters on one reciever but you'd have to turn one off as you switch.

4. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    You cannot run multiple transmitters with a single receiver unless you make sure that only one transmitter is turned on at a time (not just muted, turned off).

I think it would be less of a nuisance to fit the cable with a silent plug, mount the transmitter to your strap, and use the same strap with every bass.

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    actually, using the same strap is more of a PITA, as it takes longer to remove, and isn't always at the right length for a particular instrument.

6. Agreed. The easiest thing would be to have a strap for each bass (more than 2), each with its own transmitter. That way I could just grab any given bass, throw it on, and play. Maybe this requires a multiple wireless systems and a line mixer. Lots of rack spaces and money spent that way, though :/

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    As long as you're using only one transmitter at a time, you can do it with any wireless system. I have two transmitters for my Shure ULXS system, and I put a transmitter in a neoprene case attached to the strap on each of my two basses on stage. All you have to do is set both transmitters to the same frequency, and remember to turn one off and the other on when you switch basses. Works bitchen.

8. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    yep just order another transmitter that is the same band as the one you have.
    Just gotta shut one off when using the other. Prob cost $200-300.

Shure PGX systems have H6 or J6 band, make sure you order same as one you have.