1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MultiFX pedals (digitech BNX3...)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SanDiegoHarry, Mar 12, 2009.

1. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    So I picked one of these up cheap a while back - and I have to say, it's pretty darn cool - I can get a very cool synth sound and nice distortions... True, it has WAY more bells and whistles than I'll ever use, but for core effects, it seems pretty useful...

That said, it appears that all-in-one units are very much out of vogue right now. I'm gonna guess its because with pedals, you can mix & match, but for $100, this thing is hard to beat...

I'm I alone here?

And if you are using an all-in-one pedal, what are YOU using? What's out there now that's cool in this area?

2. tom e smith

tom e smith

Jan 27, 2008
    I have two, the Boss me-50b and the me-20b. I'm with you, I prefer the all-in-one multi-effects pedals. I guess you give up some tone (but I don't notice it) and the individual boxes sound better (once again not noticeable to me), but the options you get for the cost and convenience can't be beat IMHO.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I use digitech effects...although they're stomp boxes. I have a digitech bass multi-chorus pedal and a digitech bass overdrive/distortion pedal. awesome sounding effect pedals in my opinion.:cool:

as for multi-effects processors, I currently own a korg "toneworks" ax3000b bass modeling signal processor. I like this pedalboard. it's got a large variety of effects, amp and cab models at a very affordable price. even though I enjoy using toneworks processors, I'm still loyal to digitech.

4. KMFGN

KMFGN

Mar 2, 2009
    Canada
    ZOOM B2 is great also for many options! You got full control of your sounds and every effect in the box. Diff cabinet sounds and many types of effects! Digi tuning! i cant get enough of this pedal! This is one of my first multi pedals and i think they are the shizzle these days! BOOYAH!

5. The BNX3 is leagues above the zoom, in my opinion. I own a BNX3 and can't understand why they never caught on.

6. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    BOSS GT-6B.

7. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Nor why Digitech discontinued them (of course, if they didn't sell...)

Q: For using with an amp, do you find the amp modeling useful at all? I've been turning off all amp modeling, ignoring the little recorder thing and just using it for effects - particularly the synth /distortion fx - they seem to be pretty darn cool to me.

I met a guitar player who used his GNX3 recorder as a looper, but it sounded really thin - I've been meaning to give that a whirl but haven't gotten there yet. have you tried anything like that?

8. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Tried out the ME-50B and was stoked by it. Saving up the 300 to get it. Always been an individual stompbox fan but that 50B has me pretty excited-----------actual effects and not room lost for different "amp replicators" which does not turn me on as I find most of those redundant. BTW, saw Black Label Society last Tuesday night, that short, bearded guy on bass uses a Zoom multi but he did virtually nothing with it.

9. Hi There,
    I've been through a bunch of multi's, all the Line 6 Bass Pods, the Boss GT6b,Yamaha Magicstomp EB,Zoom and the Digitech BNX3. I really enjoyed the BNX3 but I had horrible noise issues with it. I even tried several different ones and they all had the same hiss issue. Bummer.
    Brent