Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Multiple Line 6 Rack effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cams_Anthem, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Quick question

If i were to use two rackmount effects units. Eg A line6 FM4 and MM4. Can i use one floor board to control both of them? Does this work for different brands of rach effects. And can i use floor boards other than line 6 boards to control them?

Cheers

2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Yeah, they respond to standard MIDI controllers, you could get a Ground Control or similar and control both at once.

3. i have little experience with midi and rack effects but does to board plug into a kind of "splittter" that then runs to the two different racks? ie

/Rack 1
    /
    Board--------Midi controller
    \
    \ Rack 2

Any diagrams out there that show different set ups?

4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    You can use a splitter, but you wouldn't need to at all.

Here's how it would work:

Controller MIDI Out >
    Line 6 Device 1 Midi In

Line 6 Device 1 MIDI Thru >
    Line 6 Device 2 MIDI In

5. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Advice here is correct. I use an RFX MIDI Wizard to control my Line 6 Echo Pro.

6. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    That's how my rack setup is.

Midiboard
    |
    TC G-Major
    |
    Line 6 Filter Pro
    |
    Line 6 Echo Pro

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I used to own a G Major, but sold it after I had to wait 6 weeks for a warranty repair of the parameter wheel.

8. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    I'm also thinking about replacing mine.....

9. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    If you watch eBay, you can get lucky. I scored a Lexicon MPX G2 with the R1 foot controller for $750. Then I sold the foot controller for $325. So, I ended up with an MPX G2 for $425 which is less than I originally paid for my new G-Major. The MPX G2 is a much more amazing product than the G-Major.

10. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    I'm very curious about the Octaver in the Lexicon - if it even has one. The Octaver in the G-major is to slow and I was thinking about buying a Eventide Eclipse to replace it.

So I have two questions :

How fast does and how low does the Octaver in the Lexicon effect track ???

11. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    The octaver actually has a parameter that let's you control the tracking speed. I've never played with that parameter, but the guitar octave presets seem to only be good to the open A string. However, they are good. One of the nice things about the MPX G2 is that it is very flexible. If you have time to do some programming on it, it is extremely powerful. Of course, the selling feature for me was the built-in 20 second looper.