1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Music Man Sterling 4 H Black Cherry Burst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SR5, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Owner, Audio Engineer, North Pittsburgh Music LLC
    PRICE DROP TO $900 SHIPPED

more pics here

2005 Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 4 string, single humbucker, black cherry burst with matching headstock, rosewood board, OEM Ernie Ball black pearloid pickguard. Excellent condition, 2 very small dings in the topcoat along upper horn. Plays and sounds great, no issues. I am the 2nd owner. Serial # F13177.
    If you haven’t played a Sterling, they are very comfortable especially for a smaller frame person. The body is small and although it’s a full 34” scale, it feels easy to reach every note. The neck feels really good and the fretwork is perfect.
    Typical excellent build quality and craftsmanship as with all Music Mans, and the 3 way coil switch gives you a lot of tonal range. And of course the awesome 3 band active EQ.
    This bass has both amazing low end balls and high end zing if you want it.
    Currently has Dunlop straplock buttons on it but I have the original MM ones if you want those. Strung with Ernie Ball 45-105 nickel rounds.
    This is my 6th Music Man bass and although I love them, I have about 7 other things I really want to buy and need to sell this to make it happen. Comes with OEM SKB style Music Man case with latches and valances; good condition except for a small cut in 1 corner and a barely discernable painted over logo, neither of which affect it’s functionality.

Looking for $900 shipped to lower 48 via UPS ground insured.

No trades please.

Thanks!

mark@marksbass.com

[​IMG]

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I have a Fender Deluxe Active Jazz bass, perfect condition other than the few dings on the headstock and around the body by the input. Only noticable if looking for them. I was thinking of selling it, or trade. I see youre in Pittsburgh, only a 40 minute drive from me.

If you have any interest, PM me. I dont have a ton of cash at the moment to compensate for the monetary difference, but will in time.

PM me if any interest arises.

3. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bump for pics and updated info!

Also, thanks, Jordasch, but I'm pretty set on what I'll trade for. Other than what's listed, I'm looking for a straight out sale. Thanks for looking!

4. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Oh man, youre very welcome. Another miss on a b-e-a-utiful Musicman.

One day, I guess!

EDIT: If and when this sells, try to PM me. If it doesnt sell, and I do scrape up the cash, Ill be sure to splurge.

5. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Bump and quick question... I am wondering what the finish is in terms of purple-ish vs reddish. I have never actually seen a black cherry burst in person but have always assumed it was more red than your pics show (which I am seeing as actually more of a purplish/pinkish)... can you clarify this? It may just be that the color of your pics is a little off, or my monitor needs calibration, or both.

Thanks.

6. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It's a deep cherry red. Definitely not purple or pink. Not as bright as candy apple red, and not as dark as burgundy. It's a transparent color so you see the wood grain underneath.

7. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    One of my favorite EBMM finishes. Free bump.

8. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Thank you... it's a gorgeous bass and a fair price. Unfortunately I am in the market for a StingRay and not a Sterling, but here's a bump and I wish you the best.

9. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    You mentioned some interest in a jazz bass. Would you trade straight up for a 08 American Standard in black?

10. igroove4god

igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    Fender 5 MIM Upgraded with East J-Retro Deluxe.
    View Pics here. Thanks for your consideration.

11. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    No thanks on those 2 Jazz basses, but thanks for offering!

12. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bump for PRICE DROP AND NEW TRADE OPTIONS

13. American Fender Jazz Bass 5-string with Aguilar Preamp and Bartolinis

14. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nice bass - but no thanks, I love Jazz 4's but don't like Jazz 5's.

PS GAS is really starting to kill me... make me a cash offer....

15. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    OK GAS overcame me today and I bought 2 basses to replace this one. So I'm now looking for a straight sale. I'm also more motivated to move this... make me an offer.

16. hmmm...i might be looking for a HS model, but i'm going to keep this one on the list.

glws otherwise. :)

17. MikeyB

MikeyB

Aug 16, 2006
    Sykesville, MD
    Free "single-H" bump!

(I play a Sterling single-H... love the variety of the series/single-coil/parallel switch.)

-M

18. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bump, some discussions going on, but still available,

19. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    PM sent

20. SR5

SR5 Commercial User

May 4, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Waiting to hear from darkrising, but still available at the moment...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.