mute pedal ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SpiralEyes123, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Is there such a pedal where it mutes your sound. I want be able to get rid of the attack and then turn the volume on again while the not is still ringing. This may be a stupid question but thanks for the replys.
  2. do you have a pickup selector switch on your bass? if not just find the cheapest pedal on ebay with a level knob and buy it, just turn the level down all the way and you got a mute pedal.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    May be able to build you one pretty cheap. Lemme know.
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Why not get a pedal tuner, such as boss tu-2?
    You could then put it in tuner mute mode, hit your note and then take tuner mute off.

That would take you from zero to full volume right away, if you want a slow build you might want to look at a pedal like the guyatone slow volume -
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    a lot of multi pedals have either a string bass or fretless simulation. Those would do the job well. Or a compressor cranked up a lot would take the edge off.
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    there is also a pedal for singers called a "cough drop". You can find it on musicians friend. It has xlr connectors I am sure, but converters are not too expensive. It has a momentary switch that cuts the signal silently.
  7. wow, I listened to the audio sampler for that. That's awesome.

Thanks for all your help guys