Muting/Tuner question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ADuck5150, Aug 22, 2004.

1. ADuck5150

Jul 31, 2004
    For all you guys with a pre/power do you mute yourselves on stage - for instance when swapping basses? I've been looking into getting a pre/power setup, but couldnt find any sort of mute function on the ones I have been looking at, which is something that comes in very handy for me. Did I overlook something? Same goes with a tuner...are there any tuner inputs on the preamps if I were to get a rack tuner?
  2. I would just get a Loooper or Lehle 3@1 that lets you plug all of your basses in at once then at the click of a button it will let you pick which bass is getting the signal.
  3. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I'm really only familiar with my Ampeg SVP-Pro and it has a mute and a tuner output (the mute also works through a footswitch). The rack mount Sabine RT-1601 has a mute function as well so if you put the tuner 1st in the chain it would serve your needs.
  4. megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I use a Boss TU-2 Tuner pedal. Great tuner and mute. It's first in line on my pedal board. After I got mine both my gu*tar players got them and they liked them so much they're trying to talk the drummer into one as well. :D
  5. The Korg tuner I used the other week was first in the rack setup and it had it's own mute button!

So it was permanently bi-passed until called upon...

Usually tho I prefer using my korg tuner at my feet! I've gotton used to talking into my mic and tuning at the same time! I also think it looks a bit more profesional than seeing the bass player walk over to his rig to tune up in between songs (just a personnal thing).
  6. Korg DT10 floor pedal tuner with bypass and mute, far nicer than the Boss very fast and accurate and shows up on stage well
  7. I'm with you megiddo. I just got a boss tu-2 yesterday and I love it, it makes tuning so much easier. Especially after using a little hand tuner for 3 years... Both gu*tarists from my band have one and suggested it. So now all 3 of us have them
  8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    WOW- does that come with a "drummer mute" function?? :p
  9. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    That would be an awesome feature, or maybe a remote control with drummer volume.