1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My band played at an open mic night

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bmxican414, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Bmxican414

Bmxican414

Mar 6, 2012
    Well, I am by no means a great bassist. Most likely not even a good one, but I am working on it. Anyways give a listen.

2. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Mar 8, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Nice. Seriously, you give yourself less credit than you deserve - that was solid playing. On a side note: took me 15+ refreshes for the video to load... I loathe you utoob...

3. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    Seemed fine to me, honestly it seemed like the drummer list time a couple times but nothing too bad and probably barely noticeable to most people.
    As a bass player, your on a stage playing so your doing better than me. I think you guys did fine.
    With time will come confidence and I'm sure plenty of energy will be ready to explode through your music.
    Stick with it. And don't doubt yourself, there's plenty of people that would NEVER get up and play in front of people like that.

4. I didn't listen- I'm at work- but good on you guys to get out and play. I played in a band that played open mic nights in college, turned out to be a lot of fun and we made it into that club's (really the on-campus cafe / evening beer spot) "Best of Open Mic Night" showcase at the end of the academic year. Definitely a good experience for me.

5. Open mics are definitely a great place to hone performance skills and work out material. Good on you and your buds for going out and doing it!

(Working, can't watch the vid, but I'm sure your playing is great.)

6. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    +1. Play anywhere you can, as often as you can, and have fun.

7. philtoler

philtoler

Dec 3, 2009
    It's really good except that IMO the recording doesn't do justice to your bass sound. I had the same problem until I got myself a little Zoom H1 to take separate high quality mp3 sound tracks, which I used with video editing software to produce YouTube videos with clearer fuller range sound. Any similar good quality HD stereo mp3 recorder will help a lot with generally improving your sound and playing.

8. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    "3 Young Guys and Some Old Dude"...LOL, that's great. :D
    Don't be so hard on yourself, you did what a bass player is suppose to do. You locked down the rhythm line and let the fronts do their thing. Good job.

9. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

Jul 16, 2010
    Denver
    I thought it sounded good. Keep up the work!