my band's yahama aw16g

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by rusmannx, Apr 20, 2005.

1. rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    well it isn't for MY band, but i get to play with it for the summer.

anyway, anyone running with one of these? i have a question as to why my mic's are so quite. doesn't this thing have a preamp for the xlr's?

any help would be great.
  2. rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    been researching. i guess it is preamped, but as i read at harmony-central, people are all saying how weak the preamp is, and how they bought a better preamp.

now i need someone to recommend me a preamp for to use with my condenser mic.
  3. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I've been looking at one of these, but I'm curious to know how many tracks it can record simultaneously. I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Can you tell me? Thanks in advance.
  4. TBPlayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Hi rusmanxx,

I've had an AW16G for almost a year and have never used anything but the built in preamps. If you're using a condenser mic that requires phantom power and you don't have it turned on, that may be your problem. The phantom power switch is located on the rear panel.

Here's a link to some songs we've done on the AW16G: How's My Driving Music

bass-shy - the AW16G will record 8 tracks at once.

Here's a link to a forum for the AW16G: The DijonStock AW16G Support Forum. There are a bunch of guys there that are really nice and very knowledgable about the AW16G.

5. rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    we got the mic situation worked out. we have already begun recording our first song on the this system. once you get the hang of the controls, it's pretty easy to fly through.
    i don't have time right now but i'll check your songs and get back to you.
    thanks a lot.