Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Celinder collection

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SCT1422, May 21, 2004.

1. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Well I ended up picking up that Celinder Update 5 from Basses55
    (Thanx Mitch) Wednesday and I've got all the Celinders I need.. It sounds great, but needs a little tweaking...
    I'm keeping 2 of the Vintage 5's and the Update 5.. Heres the link...
    (http://members25.clubphoto.com/stevenc853440/2306029-Pb4df/owner-1d23.phtml)
    Left to right: Update 5 in Blonde, Vintage 5's in Shoreline Gold, Vintage Creme and Burgundy Mist...

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I really like the 5 in Blonde.

3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    So whats for dinner, I'm on my way.... :smug:

nice collection man.... play bass much? :D

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Call me strange, but the burgundy mist is calling me! That is beautiful! Excellent collection! :bassist:

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  6. SCT1422

Tonight it's Friday Fishfry... I usually go to my favorite Greek restaurant in West Seneca, N.Y. Yes I do play, just weekends with occasional weekday gigs.. I was doing a nice 4 night a week fill-in last year with a local showband, but that gets tough with the real job in the winter.. If anybody ever wants to take a trip up here to try them out, let me know...

7. SCT1422

The Burgundy Mist one is for sale, I'm keeping the others.. Out of all of them the Burgundy is in the best shape and plays great.. If it doesn't sell soon, I may put it up for consignment...

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice collection, congrads. :bassist:

9. SCT1422

Thanx... Believe or not, I'm finally content with my basses and rig..
    :hyper: I'm just looking for a fretless 5 Jazz type, but nothing too expensive.. I'd like check out one of the KSD Vintage 5's or get a Skyline Jos Osborne 5 and maybe convert it to fretless.. I've tried the Skylines before and thought they were fantastic.. I also owned a Lakland Joe Osborne 5 and it was excellent as well... I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything this year, except if an Update 5 came up for sale...
    I'm trying to be a good boy and save my money... :eyebrow:
    But lotsa luck.....