1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My first college class:

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Visirale, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Deus Ex Machina: Social Evolution in Virtual worlds

Basically we meet in class once a week, and the other two days we "meet" are online in World of Warcraft and Second Life. I didn't even sign up for this but it sounds great haha. We study sociological patterns in class, then look for them online... definitely going to be an interesting class.

For a music major though, they didn't give me many music classes... only one, Music of the World taught by my bass teacher.

But that first class will definitely be interesting.

2. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    So in one of your classes you meet once a week and your studying consists of web browsing. And you have one class that is in the area of your major.

How much are you paying for college??? :eyebrow:

Just kidding, hope you enjoy your classes. :D

3. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Hahah I have more classes than that but I wanted to stay on the topic of my first one... This place isn't cheap by any means haha.

4. I've only got one... well two classes in my major for the first semester. Apparently with the new setup of the program, it's not even like you are in the department until the 2nd year. :(

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    NERD!!

6. I am only taking one class that is not in my major/minor out of 5 classes.

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    What's your major/minor?

8. My major was originally Graphic Design. I have switched my Major to Psychology and Minor to Graphic Design though.

9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Are you going to go to graduate school for psychology?