Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first post...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DanielleMuscato, Sep 22, 2004.

1. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Hi; I'm new here. My name is Dave Muscato and I play bass for the band SanSerif, based in Missouri. I've been playing guitar for 8 years (I'm 20) and switched my main instrument to bass about two years ago.

Currently I'm playing with an Ibanez Ergodyne 5-string, but I just bought a Washburn XB925 fretless 5-string, and I'm about to buy a used FBB 6-string (fretted) from Nicola Knight.

I'm a regular on the Fender Forum, if you guys are familiar with that, but I thought I'd check this one out, too.

Thanks,

Dave

P.S. Forgot to add, my band's website is www.sanserifband.com. It's a mess right now but we're working on fixing it.

2. Welcome to TB Dave! I'm sure you'll like it here. :)

3. Why hello there whatshisname. Welcome to whatsthisplace.

4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Hey Dave, welcome to TB!

5. bluntman_bass

bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    be careful cuz its true what they say. "TB is addictive"

6. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Always nice to see another Missourian here.

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Hi, Dave! You'll see a few people that post both here and at EffDeePee. I don't think I knew you played bass, though - I usually see your posts in Moe's.

Anyway, welcome to TB!

8. DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Only: SanSerif has played in Warrensburg before. Say hi to Ashley at Doc's and JG at The Fanclub for me? lol. I've been meaning to talk to The Setlist about playing up there; thanks for the "reminder."

Yeah, Ken, I started playing bass for my dad's church's band a few years ago, and then starting playing it for my own band. I still play guitar at home a lot, but about two years ago I started considering myself a "bassist" rather than a "guitarist who also plays bass."

9. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I only moved to Warrensburg recently for college, so I don't really know anyone or any clubs...And I don't drink, so I'm slow making the rounds, heh.

10. knight

knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Hi Dave! Welcome to TB. and enjoy the FBB! There are many dedicated FBB players around these parts.

Cheers,

knight

11. Dave, are you the one always posting pics of girls you hang out with at clubs? Or is that your brother?

You're the one with the PRS guitars, yes?

Welcome. This place is better than your other hang.
    No ridiculous DOB nonsense.

12. DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    That would be my brother, Jeff :)
    No, never had a PRS... can't stand 'em, actually! My main guitar is a Fender American Deluxe Fat Strat, ash body with rosewood board, Hot Noiseless pups in the neck and mid positions and a DH-1 humbucker in the bridge, all stock except for the saddles, which I replaced with Graph-Tech graphite. I also play a Taylor Leo Kottke Signature Model steel string, custom-built as a 6-string (instead of Leo's usual 12). As far as basses, here's what I have had in the past:
    Fender American Standard 5-string Jazz
    Spector Custom Shop 5-string, flamed maple body, neck-thru with EMG pups and gold hardware
    New York Pro 5-string

I haven't taken delivery of the Washburn yet (it's waiting for me in Columbia; I am on business in Philadelphia right now), and I can't *wait* for my FBB!!

13. Welcome to TB. :smug: