1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first real computer purchase.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Oct 23, 2010.

1. I finally bought a new computer and I'm super excited. It arrived today and I'll get the chance to hook it all up tomorrow. I've been making due with mediocre outdated computers since I can remember. After my last one blew up I was really broke and couldn't afford anything good so I've been using a small compaq with an embarrassing 18Gig harddrive and 512mb of ram. Needless to say, I couldn't really get any recording done the past few years. Or essentially any work at all.

This is the one I ordered.

S445-10102-main2-ar2.

I have an M-audio Delta 1010LT to pop into the extra PCI slot and should be laughin' by tomorrow night.

2. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Nice. What'd you pay for it?

3. $650CAD shipped.

4. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    i would like to learn more about this is there a website to check out? Thanks

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What version of Win 7?

-Mike

6. Windows 7. Apparently it was my idea. We'll see how much I like it. I hope it and Ableton get along well.

7. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    PEI has electricity now?

8. Haha yeah, we got a windfarm remember?

9. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Mhm yeah, wind farmers.

10. Mr wiggl3s

Mr wiggl3s Banned

Feb 27, 2009
    Bismarck
  11. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I grew to prefer newegg.ca, but I never encountered a problem with TigerDirect, despite buying there a dozen times.

12. Welcome to the 21st century.