1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My IBanez BTB mystery

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunThumb, Feb 10, 2013.

1. FunThumb

FunThumb

Jan 27, 2013
    NJ
    I have an Ibanez BTB 780PB in charcoal brown with a serial number that starts with 08...so I guess it was made in 2008? Anyway, for some reason this bass is not in any old ibanez catolog online that I can find. They have the 775 which is a 5 string buy mine is a 4 string. Anyone have this same bass? In descriptions online where the bass was for sale it says it has a Fishman Piezo bridge pickup....how can i tell if mine has it?

2. Cyborg

Cyborg Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Lowcountry, SC
    It was a special edition.

3. Jammin Johneboy

Jammin Johneboy Guest

Dec 23, 2011
    Ontario
    The way you can tell if it has the Fishman Piezo bridge pickup is there is a plastic cover that extends under the bridge . The cover will have a series of holes in it for adjusting the volume of each string individually . The picture below shows the cover for a BTB 785 which is a 5 string version of your BTB 780 bass , therefore it has 5 adjustment holes , one for each string's volume. The BTB 775 does not have the piezo bridge pickup , the BTB 780 (4 string) and BTB 785 (5 string) both have the piezo bridge pickups. You can put a really small screwdriver in each hole through to the slot below to adjust the trim potentiometer (volume) of each string . Maybe shine a light or flashlight into the holes to see the adjuster slot before just jamming a screwdriver down there .

With the other two holes on the largest cover , the one closest to the bottom of the bass is the overall volume for the piezo bridge pickup to balance it against the volume of the other pickups . The other hole a little higher up is an EQ (tone) adjustment for the brightness of the bridge piezo pickup .

Here is how to adjust them if it is ever necessary :http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/manual/guitars/EDA.pdf

Attached Files:

MoonBass17 likes this.