My New Band!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by chump stain, May 15, 2004.

1. Me and an old friend of mine formed this three piece band that we're excited about. Found the drummer thru a friend, and have had a few practices and things are going good.

We want to focus on original material, and do some covers so people have something they know when we play. So far here are the covers we've been working on. Let me know what you think.
    The Red - Chevelle
    Come Together - Beatles
    Walking on the Moon - The Police
    Working Man - Rush
    Dogman - Kings X
    Cheap Sunglasses - ZZ Top

Our guitarist has some original material, but so far we've been focusing on my stuff.

Being in a three piece is cool, having to sing and play is a fun challenge. Now we just need a name. Me and the guitarist like "Pedestrian", the drummer likes "4 star General". Which is better?
  2. MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    i definitely don't like "4 Star General" so i guess i'll go w/ "Pedestrian" - still needs something though. how bout "Lost Pedestrian" :p

yeah, trying to sing and play bass is tricky, eh? i used to play guitar before i came over to the low end (i was a confused child). singing w/ a guitar is so much easier.
  3. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Yeah, pedestrian.
  4. That's funny (Lost Pedestrian), I'll bring it up. I'm really not wanting to be a "number band". Sum 41, Blink 182, Eve 6, Maroon 5, Factory 81, I'm really sick of this trend.

Yeah, were trying to pick covers from three piece bands, or bands that have singing instrumentalists. Usually the songs are doable, if they were able to do it. Some stuff is mind boggleing how people can sing and play together. Metallica, Megadeth, and some Rush stuff comes to mind.
  5. How 'bout "3 Star General" since there are 3 of you in the band?
  6. yeah, I don't know, I still don't really like it.

here's some I thought of.
    cheap skate
    cheap shot
    back spasm
    joe smack
    Knock Out Extension
    Titanium Plate
    Cheap steak
    You could add the name "Joe" or "Johnny" in front of any of those and make them different.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Perhaps "Smackdown."
  8. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    how about 'some herd trouble'?
  9. yo dano.. how bout "el chumpo"? it's cheesy but fun.. :)
  10. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    4 star pedestrian?
  11. thanks guys for the input, it's fun messin around with these.

I work at a machine shop, and when I was on nights we had a little fun. We have these little buckets around the shop (about the size of a coffee can), and they have a label on them that reads "scrap carbide only". We took an razor blade and changed the labels around to say funny stuff. My favorite was "sacred crab oil", or "anal probe rides".

That may be a good technique to come up with a band name, take all of our names and rearrange the letters or something.
  12. "Ladies and Gentlemen, live at Madison Square Garden, here they are.... Dr. Chump and the Stains!!!!" (crowd goes wild, dan gets hit with wet panties, a near woodstock riot breaks out) ...... i can see it now.... :D next, Rolling Stone does a cover article "the new Skid Row, err Mark, Dr. Chump and the Stains"... oh man, this could get really bad dan.. :hyper: