1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new bands first performance

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by elavate7, May 10, 2011.

1. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    its all about "THE POCKET"
    this is my new bands first persormance at warmdaddies in philly..... its the first 3 videos, check them out and tell me what you think!!!!

YouTube - elavate7's Channel

2. I like it. Mix is a little weak but you guys seem pretty tight. Keep at it.

3. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Hi Elevate,

I was turned on by your band and your bass playing after about the first couple of measures.

Reminds me of the stuff I was doing 30 years ago.

It's awesome to see you young musicians carry on the R&B tradition. Your lead singer has a wonderful voice.

I take a lot of nonsense from TBers, it's great when somebody posts that walkin the walk instead of talkin the talk.

Your clips made my night.

blue

4. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Elevate,

I thought there would be more feedback on your gig. However, I don't think there are many TBers that are doing what your doing or understand it. There are a few, but again not many.

Very cool band!

blue

5. jerrod

jerrod

Mar 8, 2011
    Good stuff man. Keep at it.

6. zillo

zillo

Jun 5, 2003
    Hey...that's some great bass! Way to go...good tight band and a nice singer! Looks like the crowd was enjoying your music, and that's what counts.

Thanks for sharing.

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice job! I dig. It's nice to have a keyboardist who remembers all his parts (reference to my band)! Just one pet peeve..........face the crowd and not your bandmates.

8. dece

dece That would be me Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Nice work

9. Bruce B

Bruce B

Sep 2, 2004
    USA
    Very nice!

10. leonche64

leonche64

Aug 29, 2010
    Shenzhen China
    Great Job. You get a lot of sound out of your 3 piece. It gives me hope to see what can be accomplished without a gui****.

11. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    i had to because the drummer never pays attention....me and the keyboard player always has to grab his attention....smh. hes always in another world

12. Sounds great, although as noted the recording mix is not the best. Is the band gonna get matching outfits? That would really put some icing on the cake with this band, IMO.

13. Awesome... i digg it!

14. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    thanks guys, im just now seeing it....

15. thats a cute setup, minimal with a nice groove

16. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    That was the idea...but later we switched out the keyboardist with a guitarist.....

17. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    I like it. I'd pay to hang out and see your band. If I were in the audience, I may want to see the bass player face us at least some though.

18. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Not bad. But the singer is "pitchy".

19. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    That's really good! Keep it up!

20. Sounds pretty tight for a first gig! Has a nice groove to it too. I like.