1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by enkidu25, Mar 13, 2013.

1. So I currently have a 2012 Fender American Standard P bass and an Ibanez HR Geiger special edition bass. I read the reviews on here and broke down and bought a Fender Japan Aerodyne PJ bass in dolphin gray. I am loving it. Thank you guys for all the reviews and opinions. Now I am moving on to strings. I have D'Addario flatwound Chromes on my Ibanez and installed Fender nylon tapewounds on my aerodyne, which black strings look awesome on this bass. I researched strings for my P bass but there are so many biased opinions. I finally broke down and bought about five packs of strings. LOL. I learned that to me and my bandmates D'Addario half rounds sound more dead than the flat wounds. I pulled them off and threw them in the garbage. For now I have those Dean Markley cold treated strings. I am really liking the nylon tapewounds though and might end up installing them on the P bass as well even though I like different sounds on my basses.