1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new Palatino VE-500 Modifications. Enjoy !!!

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by James Frang, Apr 8, 2016.

1. James Frang

James Frang Inactive

Mar 28, 2016
    Arkansas
    Just putting up some photos for you to check out of my new Palatino EUB modifications.
    Mods done so far: New tuning machines, Eminence bass bridge, Realist pickup which was set up under the G side of the bridge rather than the traditional E side, since it sends a better overall balanced volume to all strings, Tailpiece modification, Right upper Sidebar arm rest and Lower body rest, Thomastik Spirocore EAD and G Pirastro Oliv wound gut string
    Europe here I come !!! Haaaaa !
    Enjoy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    carl h. likes this.
  2. Alib8

Alib8

Aug 16, 2014
    Poland
    That looks nice; would you be able to post more detailed pictures of the arm/body rest parts?

3. James Frang

James Frang Inactive

Mar 28, 2016
    Arkansas
    Hi Alib8
    I'll try and put some other photos up for you showing the arm and body rests.
    What I did was I used the sidebar that comes with the Palatino bass which is usually set up as a body rest and in the top slot where it usually connects, I put a small piece of round soft metal which is just a little smaller in size just enough to slide into the original sidebar and connected them together and then sent the bottom part of the sidebar into the slotted section on the back of the bass which has the wheel to tighten it up. Since I play the bass sitting on a stool the body rest that I am using slides half way into the same slotted section where the arm rest also connects. The part I am using to do this is just a type of handle from some gadget I had at home which I cut off just long enough to rest on my body. Nothing really special about it except it works for me.
    Cheers.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020