My recommendation of ear protection.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Luke575443, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Elacin ER20S

Find these on amazon or ebay for less than £10

Here they are, for a mere price I decided to get some after continued ringing of my ears in the morning, after a gig in particularly close quarters to the drummers crash.

I first tried these at our practice studio. I was extremely surprised of the quality, it wasn't muffled at all, the same quality but at a lower volume. I've done two gigs since and after both my ear have been ring free. Even with the true test of getting in bed and usually hearing a ringing after a gig or practice, pure silence.

I sincerely recommend these, you only have one pair of ears :)

2. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Interesting ! Have you tried other plugs?

3. I haven't actually, occasionally I've used normal in ear headphones, but it tends to muffle the overall quality of the sound. I chose these mainly because they weren't expensive in case they turned out to be a waste of money and the positive Amazon reviews I read.

4. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Good decision to protect your ears, I was in a similar situation a few months ago so I bought a pair of Alpine Musicsafe Pro Ear Plugs, amazing protection without quality loss, and very similar to the ones you have bought, but with 3 different levels of protection, so you can also use them at practices...

5. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    My ears ring 24/7 - sometimes really loud. Yes, do protect them!

Luke575443 likes this.

6. I did actually consider getting those, but as I wasn't sure from first hand on what kind of protection any set would offer I went for the cheaper ones, maybe those are the next step up :)

7. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

Surefire makes a variety of ear plugs, that I have found to be great. ranging from 15 to 26Db reduction. Check them out.

8. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    I have some personal molded type that I got from my audiologist - but I just ordered some of these to try out. I try to make sure I have something in all my gig bags just in case, can't tell you how many shows I went through with toilet paper crammed in my ear o_O

9. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Alpines are doing a great job for me, and they came with a carrying case that I keep on my gig bag all the time

10. dannnnn

dannnnn Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Me too. I wish I'd worn earplugs early on.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021