Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My rig is here!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tmu, May 3, 2004.

1. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    Hi everyone! I finally finished getting my bass rig! I have been playing the last few months through an old school Garnet guitar amp and cab, so this is a big improvement. Here is what I ended up with: MIA Fender P-Bass (1983) (400$ Canadian) into Mesa M-Pulse 360 ($950 Canadian), into Eden 410XLT ($360 Canadian). So, I think I got some killer deals (all used gear, shopped around for months). Thanks for all the help!

2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Sounds like a winning combination! The Mesa is an excellent choice. I've had the M-Pulse 600 for about a month now, and it kills! So easy to get great tone. I could have gone for the lower power unit as well, but I'm old and deaf and need the extra volume. Enjoy! :D

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'd say you're all set! :D :bassist:

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Nice combination! I love eden stuff. It always brings out the best in an amp!

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Awesome, welcome to the Mesa club **I just joined :)**. I really love my M-Pulse 600, I got it and 3 weeks ago and have only been able to play on it for a week. *stupid drummers*. One minor concern, the M-Pulse 300 is ~$800 in the states new, you might have paid a little to much for yours.

6. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    The M-Pulse is 1700 in Canada, and the one i got is brandnew :)

7. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Ok, that's great then. The M-Pulse 600 here isn't even 1700 :)..sorry for you Canadians.

8. Nice Rig Man

But what is it with gear prices in Australia!!! i would have to fork out over $2000 AU for an Eden cab and god knows how much for mesa stuff! :bawl: Our dollor isn't that weak against the US or Canadian Dollar. Even the aussiemanufacturers are a tad pricey compared to the prices you guy in the US get. But we are getting some good amp makers now check:
    www.labsystems.com.au
    My mate has a lab rig. Its really good.