1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My squier project

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MaseBass, Jan 13, 2012.

1. I have a squire P bass that I want to
    Modify...from the headstock to the bridge.
    I want to add a nice pre amp to it
    And different p-style pickups....
    Any advice on how to get started
    And where's a good place to come up on the parts it takes to do it!

2. csm672

csm672

Nov 2, 2008
    Tulsa, OK
    Since ther have been no replies, I will get you going with a very generic response. Look up all the posts to whats been done already, as chances are anything you can think of will have already happened in some form or another. I would probably start with the pups, wiring and controls then move to bridge, tuners and strings. That leaves your paint and pickgaurd as all that's left.
    As far as where to get this stuff, local music stores usually carry or can get most of it. Ebay, of course. Google guitar parts and you'll get all you need. Stewart Macdonald, LMI, places like this tend to carry broad range, although you run into alot of acoustic stuff. And don't forget the classifieds right here at Talkbass. I've gotten a couple good amps and various other stuff here and been very pleased with all of it. I have no idea about adding active pickups to a p bass, so I'll let somone else chime in on that (all my basses are passive!) Good luck with your project!