My Wart

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NJL, Feb 5, 2004.

1. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Lookie! My wart is almost gone! I have had this thing for about three years. I have been to the dermatologist twice for injections. What cool is that he's also a guitar player, so he knows what it's like to play a stringed instrument. It has only taken about three weeks to get this far and should be gone within another three weeks.

I have tried everything from duct tape, to the acid stuff to just cutting the dam thing off.

This monster is on my picking finger (i'm a lefty) and it has really prevented me from learning how to slap/pop and actually sound decent.

Sorry for the thread, but i'm very happy now!! :hyper: :bassist: :smug:
  2. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Ouch - that looks painful! Hope it doesn't interfere with playing during the 'treatment' phase... :bawl:
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    the Doc injects a small amount of yeast (not enough for a yeast infection). the body then rejects the yeast, along with the wart. in doing so, you loose some skin, but it grows back. i should be up to playing again by tomorrow.

this treatment really works and i'm actually happy about getting a needle stuck in my finger. it hurts like a biotch, and stings the whole first day. it then gets a little numb and sore. right now, this second, it's a little numb, but getting better.
  4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Guess you can't say that ....

With all that yeast, keep your finger out of
    if you know what I mean!

Can we do a Basstriaxis love thread soon, please?
  5. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

6. Thor

Sxxx Xx Xxx

Never a dull moment in your life is there?

Something tells me after your medical condition is cured,
    your slap and pop is still gonna sound like armadillotoids...

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I wonder if this is what the mods Xpected would happen, you seem to be Xperts in Xing the line, Xcept, Xpediting Xpletives only leads to Xceptional Xtra Xcitment and Xtremely Sharped notes. ;)

go away ya bother me!™

8. Thor

You're right, boob!

Wart are you talking about?
  9. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    getting back to MY what do you think???
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I awart this thread, most disgusting, but I hope that NJL recovers quickly and his little blubbering blister buddy bids him good Bye
  11. Thor

What do I think of your wart?

Surely, you jest!

I think it was the acid that did you in ...
  12. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm just happy it's going bye, bye. it has been a real pain in the....finger. this treatment is so much better and quicker than everything else.
  13. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    In the future,you should consider coated strings.Like elixer nanowebs,they feel smooth like flatwounds,yet sound better than ordinary strings,can last for years.I have yet to get ANYTHING on my hands from them.The treble punch they put out might bother some people.They just cut right through the mix like Jason's machette through a pot head!
  14. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    Warts are gross but getting the treatment where they freeze them off is fun. :D
  15. Thor

That's fine, but he didn't get warts from touching strings, well,
    not guitar strings, anyway!

I thought it was a virus he got from a little frog in his pond that he wasn't supposed to touch...
  16. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    that's why when you have open cuts or whatever - put a Band-Aid on the dam thing! these viruses are just everywhere, everywhere!!!
  17. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    here's a little update - my wart is completely gone! after years of having the dam thing - now i can learn how to slap!!!
  18. Warts suck. I once had a huge one under a heel (ouch!) and another on the tip of my right index finger. Fortunately, that was a few years before I took up bass. The doctor cut off the superficial layer of skin with a blade then burnt the root of the darn things using liquid nitrogen.

BTW,I think I got mine in some public shower (yuck). Avoid those places as much as black plague!
  19. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I had a wart on my nuckle. I had the damn thing for years. I tried everything to remove it, but the only thing that worked was, I cut around it, took a wet face cloth, and twisted and ripped it out. Hurt like hell, but it never grew back.

I couldn't imagine having one on the tip of my finger!! :eek:

Hey, just don't pick your nose with that finger. ;)
  20. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I did the same thing with a wart on the palm of my hand. ...No Thor, that's not how I got it.