1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mystery bridge du jour.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Killer Canary, Feb 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Killer Canary

Killer Canary Guest

Aug 27, 2015
    IMG_08021_zpsisikhibo.
    I bought this bridge thirty years ago and the store owner knew nothing about it. No markings/stampings/scratchings of any sort on it.
    IMG_07992_zpssxlgxtql.
    It's obviously eight string compatible; the area beneath the ball ends used to have a projecting ledge with five mounting holes in a Fender compatible spacing which I cut off because using those holes left the bridge way too far forward on the body to intonate. I drilled and countersank new mounting holes further forward ala BA2.
    Does anybody know who made this thing?

2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    You sure it's 8 string ready and not redrilled to give it more break angle and better pole/string alignment?

3. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    It looks very similar to designs used by Gotoh. But difficult to tell without any markings.

4. Killer Canary

Killer Canary Guest

Aug 27, 2015
    Dunno.
    The E won't fit through the small hole.