1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mystery preamp help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mabrothrax, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Mabrothrax

Mabrothrax

Dec 21, 2007
    East Sussex
    Hi all. Mentioned this one in a tread of mine a while ago,still looking for help and info.

Pulled this preamp out of a 6 string Hudson (tanglewood canyon/cort curbow clone) a while ago and made no note of what went where...

101_1037.

101_1038.

101_1039.

have no idea how to reconnect it to a pickup/battery clip/jack especially since I can't find and diagrams or photos anywhere of a preamp with even remotely similar look or wire colour combination.

There are also a whole load of unused wires, so I'm guessing I could add other pots - blend, passive tone perhaps...

Anyone recognize it or have an ideas?

Thanks

2. Mabrothrax

Mabrothrax

Dec 21, 2007
    East Sussex
    Well ladies and gentlemen, I think I'm one step closer...

after ages trawling online I found a pic on ebay of a preamp that looked very similar for sale at Al's music source, which led me to the Bass Mods website.

I'm pretty sure what I have here is a bass mods beq3. Some of the colour coding is different. My pre came from a single pickup 4 control bass, these are wired for two pickups & 5 controls.

Here's the bassmods beq3 5AP from their site:

beq35.

http://bassmods.3dcartstores.com/-3-Band-Preamp-5-Controls-ActivePassive-BEQ3-5AP_p_134.html

So, any Bassmod preamp owners care to help me reconstruct this thing?