1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

n-pin ball

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Adrian Cho, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    I lost the magnetic stopper/rubber ball thingo off the end of my wonderful n-pin. The website is no longer around so I assume Nic Boychuk is no longer making them. I knew this was going to happen at some point. The mechanism itself is wonderful but that magnetically attached ball was bound to get lost. Can anyone suggest a possible replacement? I know the Wolf endpin ball is too small to fit.

2. Don C

Don C

Jan 13, 2007
    Victoria BC
    Adrian, you could try Nicks home number in Edmonton for more information.
    780 457 1467 ( from the Edmonton Phone book)

3. Dr Rod

Dr Rod

Aug 19, 2005
    Keep the magnet because you can fit it onto a different rubber tip. Walking sticks and canes have great rubber tips that this magnet can be fit onto, without glue or anything. You have to shorten the rubber and round it on the sides because they are not designed for sideways use.

I was a bit surprised by the way Nick has chosen to unwind his business, without much courtesy.

4. kaybass1952

kaybass1952

Mar 12, 2004
    I have an N-pin and think it's a great design .My rubber stopper was a older model-cane type, not ball .The rubber went long ago, so I found a kitchen chair rubber end and inserted the old magnet . Only problem being if you lose the magnet your SOOL.
    The rest of the N-pin seems super solid. I think the clasp mechanism is from a high end bike seat -quite a smart and effective concept . It would be great if someone else bought the patent and continued to make this design . I agree with Dr Rod about " the way Nick has chosen to unwind his business, without much courtesy".
    It would be nice for those who invested in his product to at least have access to replacement parts IMO

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021