1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

NAD: Fender BXR 200 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass4Brkfast, Feb 24, 2021.

1. New to me, at least!

A friend said he wanted to sell it for $80, and I couldn't pass it up.
    It has been gigged copiously and has some rips in the tolex here and there...gives it mojo if you ask me, lol.
    It works and goes pretty loud, window shaking loud. I know it has never been serviced, so I will probably have a tech look at it later this year.
    $80 sounded too much like a good price to keep the G.A.S at bay for a while, so I pulled the trigger.
    It is a big and heavy animal:

20210224_172954.jpg

Sound-wise it is nothing to write home about, in the short time I've played with it it strikes me as sounding bland in a no-frills type of way...maybe due to the tweeterless, single 15" design, or the single 15" itself, which is of the 'Fender Special Design' variety.
    Will try a preamp straight into the loop return to see if that changes my perception at all.
    I wanted it for the loudness anyway, since the gu*tar player keeps complaining the bass is not "low" enough from the ported 2x10 we used at the rehearsal room, I'll just set this next to him and crank it.
    An old thread shows this thing is pretty reviled around here. So far, it has been pretty ok for the price.
    Suggestions are welcome for speaker replacement options.
    Cheers!

Blues Bass 2 likes this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021