Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

name changes / contacting TB (Paul)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, I've been stuck with this handle ever since I registered in July of '01 and used the name Creepy without much thought. I would like to change my TB name (to my actual name) How does this work, I know that people used to email Paul and he could do it. Is that still the procedure? What is the email address that I send my request for name change to? I also know that Paul doesn't want to be doing a bunch of changes and prefers that the user have a valid reason for said change. My reason is that I'm afraid that the name Creepy sometimes puts people off a bit and I've had people mention that they do not like addressing somebody as "creepy" when communicating online. So I figured that my actual name might look better or somehow seem more respectable and fit the mood of this site better than having a supporting member posting as 'creepy'. Does anybody agree or disagree? What is Paul's email?

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    he did mine in a matter of minutes

just remember when you login, to use your new name.

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    email sent. thanks guys.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    BTW, you give me the creeps

:smug:

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    You're worried about your name being "Creepy", therefore giving the wrong image about supporting members and TBers, then you go and make comments like this:

:D ;)

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    :D

Awe shucks, I can't really take the credit for that line though ...in case the younger TB'ers or those who just weren't hip enough back in the day didn't get it - I stole that from Wierd Al lyrics. Hey, it could have been worse - I almost used the line about sliding down the banister, with the razor blades and landing in a pool of alcohol :eek:

;)

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al