1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD 80's Peavey Patriot!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by godofthunder59, May 11, 2018.

1. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Latest find at a local music store 80's black and maple Peavey Patriot! This is my second Patriot in the collectoon and it kills just like the mahogany one. Nice narrow at the nut C shaped neck, a quick set up and the action is nice and low. Plays great and sounds great all for $135! I would put it up against a pricey vintage Fender any day. 20180511_125220. 20180511_125906.

2. You can't beat the black & maple combination, plus I to love 80's Peavey basses as well :thumbsup::cool:.

3. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    In the 80s, looking at a long stretch in Central America where nothing was very certain, I bought a Patriot just like your mahogany model. It was cheap and the guy at the store said it was a decent bass. And you know, it was. It was often the best bass in town, too, down there.

Bass V likes this.
  4. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Nice find. Those things are schweet!

5. davegt666

davegt666

Jun 30, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Looks dope in black! I play mine everyday because I keep it within arms reach near my desk. I have a mahogany one.

godofthunder59 likes this.
  6. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Desk or Patriot?

Cliff Colton likes this.
  7. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I used to sell these at The House of Guitars in Irondeqouit NY. I always felt good about putting them in young players hands. Not just for beginners though, lots of pros and seasoned players on a budget bought these as well. Patriots are very clear articulate sounding basses, because of this my mahogany one has become my go to bass for learning new material.

8. davegt666

davegt666

Jun 30, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Bruh lol

Patriot.

image.

Mark76 likes this.
  9. Fretbuzz50

Fretbuzz50

May 28, 2018

10. Fretbuzz50

Fretbuzz50

May 28, 2018
    Just picked this one up last week mid 80s I’m guessing plays very nice with a little bit of setting up .

Attached Files: