1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: American Standard P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sonic, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

I lost 2 to gain this 1. Totally worth it. It's a 2008, Candy Cola, and in minimally mojo'd condition (couple of love taps). Everything is stock except the pickguard (first thing I replaced after purchase). Need to string it with some black beauties and she'll be ready to rock and roll. The kicker, I got it (w/OHSC) for $600 CAD.

Attached Files:

2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Schweeet! Always liked Candy Cola. Congrats!

3. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    That is a sweet deal on a sweet bass!! Cheers!

4. BrentD

BrentD

Jun 7, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    Very nice!

5. I love the color combination! Candy Cola (much richer-looking than Candy Apple) + Blk PG + Rosewood = Yummy!

$600 CAD? Wow!

6. mcn1979

mcn1979 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Newport News, VA
    Killer deal on an awesome bass. Can't go wrong with a MIA Pbass.

7. inate_hex

inate_hex

Apr 4, 2010
    Manchester, England
    I occasionally wet the bed.
    Nice bass. I always buy second hand now. When I buy new basses I can't play them properly through the anxiety of giving them their first 'dink'

8. SpruceGoose54

SpruceGoose54

May 21, 2013
    Good...Good...

9. Nate Mendel replica without the BAII, but wow! They made American Standards in that colour combo???

10. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    Nice. Enjoy!

11. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

The stock guard was white, I replaced it with the black guard (I don't like white pickguards on most basses). This has the HMV bridge so there's no need for the BAII. Nate's bass is also ever so slightly thinner at the nut. I can definitely see the resemblance though.

12. Nonetheless, very nice bass. I agree: white pickguards only look good with white or black basses. Sunburst and white? YUCK YUCK YUCK

13. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Even then, I really only like white guards on early 50's style p-basses. And that's only some of the time. Meh, I'm just picky.

14. I'm totally with you on this.

When I got my Highway One Jazz in Sunburst, it came with a white PG, which looked so lame. I swapped it for a black one and what a difference!

I just wish Fender would make black the default pickguard color for most of the colors they offer for their basses, only exceptions being the ones that already come with a tort guard.

15. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    Congrats on the new to you bass! That color combo looks great. Enjoy

16. Oh yeah, that's a good look. Congrats!