NBD!! (and Squier Bronco Bass Weight)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 2cooltoolz, May 10, 2021.

1. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    I just had spinal (lumbar) surgery. My doc told me not to lift anything over 8.5 lbs. for a month and be really careful, building up for a couple months after that. There aren't many things more unwieldy than lifting a bottom heavy bass into position from the stand, while sitting in a chair. Soooooo.

The contender:
    Bronco 05-2021.jpg

Weighing in at a mighty 6 lbs. 14.5 oz.!! Bronco Weight.jpg

VS.

My main stable: all at 9 lbs. 6 oz. or greater!
    My Fives 05-21.png

My Fives Weights.png

I am loving this little bass! My first short scale! It'll probably never leave the house, but I have put in hours on it in the last couple days!

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I love it. Congrats.

2cooltoolz likes this.
  3. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Cool little basses with a nice setup. Love the sound with mild dirt and a heavy pick.

4. gip111

gip111 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Hmm, mine comes in at 7.8 lbs. It's a 2012. Wonder why such a difference?

5. covermego

covermego Still here....... Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Redding, CA
    That's a real nice weight for your present circumstances. My 2019 Shell Pink Bronc is 6lb 10oz.......
    As for the weight of Broncos....... my experience is that they're all over the place. Lightest I've owned was 6lb 7oz, whilst the heaviest was 8lb 10oz (IIRC). I think it's just whatever wood they have to produce them.
    Currently, I have a Squier Jaguar SS weighing 6lb 13oz, while the heaviest was an unbelievable 9lbs!! As one that also deals with structural issues, the lighter the better!! Keep on keepin' on!!!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021