NBD Franken P with Dimarzio Area PJ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spirit of Ox, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Spirit of Ox

Spirit of Ox Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    I put this bass together for the sake of leaving it at the studio. I used a Squier body, no name neck and hipshot bridge.
    The pickups are Dimarzio Area PJ that are a welcome departure from their typical hot pickups. They are very clean, medium output, and very even across the frequency spectrum.
    For 125.00 I am really impressed with these pickups but they are very transparent. They dont have a signiture tone like most pickups. When I say even across the spectrum, these are the equivalent of setting your eq to flat.
    At first I wasnt sure what to think but after playing for a couple hours im thinking this is a good thing.
    All in all for around 300 this is a really good back up bass and I recommend these Area PJ for anyone looking for an inexpensive well balanced set of pickups. 20180307_210006.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022